Monday 4 June 2012

The Fast & Furious



The not so great sound quality of this show doesn't detract from the quality of the content and subject matter. Gavin (Alphasport) and Ben (motorsport racer) are great guests and added to the interest in this show.

The reason why I broadcast these shows is because I love meeting new people and hearing about their success, joys and sometimes hardships they have experienced in their sport. Another massive reason is because I love talking about the workings of the mind, I find it fascinating and good thing too, I mean, it is my job!!! In this show I feel that Gavin, Ben and I are able to take a big bite into the psychology of sport and discuss proven strategies that can help improve performance.



It was the first time I had more than one guest appear on the same show and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I enjoy watching Formula-1 racing and so talking to these guys gave me a little bit of insight into that world.

An amazing part of the show is when Ben relates how he drove on a new race track only after he had seen video footage and mentally rehearsing it. Pay attention when he describes how whilst he was watching the video he unconsciously registers a bump on the track, without realising it!! It truly demonstrates the power of the unconscious mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment